myfitnesspal.com

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Running: My Plan

As of this year, with 3 races to compete in, I not only want to train to survive the races but to loose weight and be healthy. The ultimate goal is that my training becomes a lifestyle. Here's my basic plan:

- Run 3 days a week minimum, 5 days maximum
- Core/Strength Train 2 days a week minimum, 3 maximum
- Workouts last 30 minutes minimum

It's been tricky the past month to balance this plan with my work schedule. So far I've been able to get my 3 runs and 2 Core workouts in. But I've learned the power of writing my weekly schedule out. Not only is it on my phone, but I wrote it on the fridge and in my little day planner that I keep in my purse. It's not only keeping me accountable but it's helping my husband, Dan, to support me and keep me in check. Gradually, I will increase my mileage, time, and strength over the summer.

Now a plan usually has goals tied to the ends of them. How about I list a few...

- Run a Half Marathon
- Run a Marathon
- Loose 20 pounds (or so)
- Eat healthy
- Have a well toned body
- Chisel 4-6 pack abs

Now these goals have different time lines. The half marathon is planned to be in October of this year! I'm stoked! The marathon will be figured out for next year. One step at a time.

Update:
Feeling good so far in my process but my progress isn't budging yet. Working on the food intake (or fuel) with the balance of burning calories. It's tricky for every person is different. Metabolisms and BMIs amongst many other factors. Hopefully I can crack my body code before summer's end.

No comments:

Post a Comment